Level 8 Emus (School Readiness)
A class for children currently attending Kindy and Pre-primary to prepare them for school. A quality pre-school program is essential, but a neurologically based movement program, like GymbaROO, can help ensure your child is ready for learning ENROL HERE
- complex finger rhymes and fine motor games
- hand eye co-ordination
- cross pattern exercises for laterality
- sensory motor program
- challenging gym circuit and fitness
- group work
- music and rhythm
- balance and co-ordination
- sequencing activities
- parachute games
- confidence building
Level 8 (School Readiness) Classes suit children who are:
- enjoying participating without parents
- ready for challenging balance and motor tasks
- following complex instructions
- going to Pre-primary full time school next year
- born between 1/7/12 to 30/6/14
Children who attend GymbaROO develop:
- Listening skills and the ability to follow directions.
- Positive self-esteem and confidence in a group situation.
- Social skills e.g. turn taking, cooperation, ability to function as part of a group.
- Self-help skills e.g. independence and recognition of belongings.
- Strong hands and fingers (and backs and arms) ready for writing.
- Visual and language skills ready for reading.
- Awareness of pattern and rhythm ready for maths.
- Well-developed balance, coordination and gross motor skills to help ensure your child’s brain and body is ready for learning.
- A sense of fun.
If you have concerns about your child’s School Readiness contact our Jump into Learning Consultancy for further assistance.